1. Where are you located?
We are located at 2909 San Luis Rey Rd, Oceanside.
We are 1/2 mile west of the Oceanside Municipal Airport.
2 miles east of the I-5 and directly beside the San Diego Humane Society Oceanside Campus.
2. What are the Check-In & Check-Out Times?
Monday-Friday: 2:00PM – 5:00PM
Saturday: 1:00PM – 3:30PM
Sunday: 1:00PM – 3:30PM
3. What if I cant pick up between the Check-Out times?
If you are unable to pick up between the Check-Out times, a half-day charge of $15.50 will be added which gives you until 5:00 PM for pick up. However, if you add on All Day Play or any kind of bathing on the departure day, we will waive the half-day charge and give you extended pickup times.
4. How long will it take to check in my pet?
A normal check-in time takes about 10-15 minutes. To speed up the process have your pet’s updated shot records, form of payment, and emergency contacts ready at Check-In. Online registration is the absolute fastest and most convenient way to schedule boarding and speed up check-in.
5. When do I pay?
We ask for FULL payment at Check-In. We will also need to keep a credit card on file in case of an emergency (A receptionist will call the owner/emergency contact before using the credit card).
6. Do I need to bring in anything for my pet during his/her stay?
- We prefer that you bring in your pet’s own food. This is one less thing for your pet to adjust to both here at Pacific Pet Resort and also once he/she gets home. If you don’t provide food, we provide a premium diet at no additional charge. Please note, changing foods abruptly can lead to digestive issues, loose stool and at times diarrhea.
- We will provide all food bowls, water bowls, bedding, and toys.
- If you are boarding your cat please bring him/her in a carrier.
- All dogs must be on a leash during check in and check out.
7. Can I bring in a blanket or toy for my pet?
- In order to prevent a price increase, we will now provide bedding for all of our furry guests.
- Many clients ask to bring in bedding from home because it has a familiar smell, but we have noticed over the years this causes pets to mark their territory/personal items. Many of our guests will act out of routine while away from home and mark, chew, or destroy personal items while boarding. For this reason, we ask that you do not bring any bedding or toys for your pets. We can provide bedding and toys that will make your pet feel just as comfortable as having their own.
8. It’s my first time boarding and I’m really nervous about boarding my pet.
- As a result of the special hands-on care, comfortable accommodations, well-trained staff, and the great options of personalized activities we offer, our furry guests adapt very well and enjoy the wonderful experience of boarding at Pacific Pet Resort.
- We offer a free day of fun for your beloved member of the family to come and get comfortable with the staff and facility before their boarding stay.
9. Do I need to bring in my own food?
- You don’t have to, however, we do recommend it. See item 6 above.
- If you would like to keep your pet on the same diet, you are more than welcome to bring in their own food. Our only requirement is that you pre-package the food into individual baggies or bring it in a sealed container. Please write your last name on all personal belongings.
10. Is there anything I should do before my pet’s Check-In date?
- You should confirm that you have a reservation, if not call our front desk and make one. Although we may have availability, there are some times during the year that are busier than others.
- Any additional activities or grooming should be requested when you make your reservation or at Check-In.
- Double check your pet’s updated shot record. Fax, email, or bring in your pet’s shot record prior to boarding. You can also ask your veterinarian to send these to use directly.
- Emergency contacts will need to be provided when you make the reservation or at Check-In.
- Any special diets, allergies, or medications should be clearly communicated to our front desk when you make the reservation and at Check-In.
11. What is your cancellation policy for reservations?
- We require a reservation deposit equivalent to one night of boarding. This deposit will be applied to your stay and will be refundable if you cancel within 48 hours of your scheduled reservation. After 48 hours has lapsed, the deposit will be non-refundable. During all major holidays, a deposit of $70.00 will be required to secure your reservation. This deposit is only refundable if you cancel your reservation 10 days prior to the Holiday.
CANCEL RESERVATIONS BY: November 13th for Thanksgiving, December 14th for Christmas, and December 21st for New Years.
12. What do you do if my pet needs to go to the vet?
If your pet should require medical attention while in our care, our receptionist will contact you or the emergency contact you provided us with and inform you/them of the situation. If your pet needs to be transported to a vet, we can transport him/her or you can pick up your pet and take him/her to their vet. All vet charges must be paid by owner.